Wednesday 6 July 2011

Starting Over - Chapter Twelve - A New Life!

Chapter Twelve - A New Life




Ellen stretched luxuriously, her head was curled on to Jan’s shoulder, her body draped half over him, their legs entwined. To Ellen it was perfection. Jan kissed the top of her head, and she reciprocated by flicking out her tongue and swiping at his dark flat nipple.

                “You ok?” he asked after an uncontrollable little moan at the swipe of her tongue.

Smiling she leaned back to look up at him, “better than ok! That was perfect...”

His smile matched hers, craning his neck he reached up and covered her lips with his, a brief yet passionate kiss. “I’ve been unbearable, thinking you may have actually gone home. You took SO long to get in touch with me after...Ernie and the girls threatened to kill me if I didn’t start smiling soon. Then I saw Rosa from reception crossing the terrace to me and I knew...”


Ellen rolled fully over so that she was facing him, lying half over him, “you knew I’d stay?”

He shook his head, “I hoped you would, even if you didn’t want me, I couldn’t bear the thought of you going home, to ‘them’. But until I saw Rosa looking for me I still didn’t know for sure.” He was struggling to continue talking as the hand that wasn’t supporting the weight of her head, ran temptingly over his bare chest. “You are such a tease! I’m here pouring out my insecurities and you...” He closed his eyes as her hand slipped under the cotton sheet, descending his body.

With him enclosed in her hand, she watched the reactions to her touch, and her confidence swelled, “I was all set to go, to hate you and blame you for yet another failed chapter of my life.” He grunted an acknowledgement, his eyes still closed. “But then I realised you were the only person who’s been unselfish, put me first. And I was snubbing you for acting in my best interest.”

                “That’s all I want...” he gasped struggling to open his eyes as her hand continued to move. Then he groaned and collapsed back against the pillows as she pulled back the sheet and took him in her mouth.

It was much later that she slipped out of bed, returning to a sleeping Jan with the ice cold bottle of Cava she’d pre-emptively bought hoping they would have some sort of celebration when he arrived. He opened his eyes at the ‘pop’ of the cork taking in the vision of Ellen wrestling with the dripping bottle and two glasses, completely naked, and completely free of any inhibition. This is what he wanted, her accepting him, happy and open with him.....

                “Here!” she handed him a flute filled iwth the sparkling straw coloured liquid. “I couldn’t resist this earlier, the best Cava they had in the shop. The shop I’ve got a job in!”

He sat up accepting the glass, “you’ve got a job? Already?”

She nodded, “five days a week, evenings off...I thought I’d at least have half a chance of seeing you if I did that!”

He grinned, “We’ll need to coordinate our diaries now, hopefully we can now do things together...”

Ellen sipped her cava before replying, “I was hoping we could do that.”

                “I know it’s early days, but most nights I could ride back here, stay with you. If I work late then I’m not due in the next day...I like the thought of waking up with you.”

Ellen didn’t just like that thought, she loved it. The thought of lying like this for hours, talking, getting to know each other too, “I’d like that too.”


She’d intended to cook for him, but instead they snacked on bread and olives and slices of cheese, Jan assured her he didn’t care if they ate nothing, he was enjoying the thought of unlimited time together. The Cava gave way to beer, and eventually they fell asleep wound together and inseparable in bed.

Opening her eyes, Ellen was instantly aware of the smell of bacon, coffee and eggs? Mmmm. She pulled his shirt on, fastening a couple of buttons below her breasts then followed the smell into the kitchen. Jan was stood at the stove singing along to Joyride by Roxette, playing on the radio, “She says hello you fool I love you...C’mon join the joyride!” in just a pair of boxer shorts.

Chuckling she moved up behind him and wrapped her arms around his bare waist, kissing him between the shoulder blades. He jumped a little.

                “Didn’t you hear me over your singing?”

He chuckled, turning to reciprocally wrap his arms around her, “We're a part of this together...Could never turn around and run....Don't need no fortune teller....To know where my lucky love belongs!” With that he swirled her around in an elaborate dance. She was laughing with him when he finally pulled her back into his body.

                “You are crazy Jan Zeigler!”

He smiled, “crazy for you!”

Swatting his shoulder Ellen turned back to the cooker, “I’m hungry I need some food...someone worked up my appetite last night!”

He saluted, “that’ll be me on both counts ma’am!”

It was probably the best meal of her life as they sat together sharing a single plate of bacon and scrambled egg with toast, and orange juice and strong coffee. Feeding each other, giggling like children, so happy and so romantic. Ellen tried to store as much of the moment as possible, she never wanted to forget it. Laughing she grabbed her camera, snapped a photo of him, then he took it from her and held it at arm’s length. As he pressed the shutter release, he turned to lick her cheek. 

Viewing the photo she laughed he was inside profile, his tongue on her cheek, she was cringing, but laughing hysterically at the same time. Perfect!

Jan was working that afternoon, but was due back at midnight, she headed off to her first day at work, smiling at the thought of him joining her in bed that evening.  Her work wasn’t taxing, but the heat made it harder, the shop was busy but that only made her day go quicker, and it wasn’t like she had nothing to look forward too!


The snatched time together wasn’t enough for a fledgling relationship, but they both had Friday off, and just had to tolerate three days before waking to a whole day and night together.

                “What shall we do today?” Jan asked as they ate breakfast on the large balcony, basking in the early morning sunshine. They were both early risers.


                “Can we see more of the town? I’ve been here five days and not seen a thing!”

So they dressed, him in a white sleeveless t-shirt and loose linen trousers, her in a vest and flowing skirt. With shades and a floppy sunhat she was hoping she looked chic, he was stunning in his simple clothes, even the baseball cap and aviator shades suited him...she stored another memory along with the realisation that she was falling  for him BIG style.

They shopped, strolled, ate tapas drank coffee, then a couple of beers. It felt so right to stroll hand in hand through the sheltered streets of the City centre, buying themselves all manner of items, from clothes, to food.

After a late lunch in a seafood restaurant that sold THE most divine lobster at Jan’s recommendation, they strolled back to the apartment. His arm was tossed loosely yet protectively across her shoulders, he carried the majority of the bags, pointing out various sites with the hand that was wrapped around her, whispering in her ear about places he’d been, wanted to take her. It was like a running commentary of the best places to see.  Turning to look up his enthusiastic face she laughed, he was so vivacious so full of vitality, how had she managed to get this far in life without him?

Dumping their shopping at the apartment, they made for the beach, early evening was the best time to lounge and maybe swim, and neither had any intention of doing more than that.

Strolling in the shallows, arms around each other they shared a blissful evening of people watching, basking in the sun, and each other’s attention.

                “Let’s go out tonight!” Jan insisted as they brushed the sand from their feet and headed back to the apartment. “As much as I’d like to spend the next forty eight hours in bed with you, I want us to go out, have fun!”

Nodding she allowed him to guide her along the harbour front to their apartment. As they rounded the corner she stopped dead in her tracks.  

Jan hadn’t noticed the polar opposite women walking towards them, yet every other head had turned at the sight of the almost six foot willowy blonde and the petite brunette walking towards them, both were traffic stoppers singularly, but together it was an overwhelming apparition.

He looked down at her questioningly then followed her gaze.

                “Is that...?”

She nodded, trying not to shake with anger and anxiety, “my sisters!”


4 comments:

  1. oh my god, i cant wait to read to see wat happen next..... this is marvellous!!! I'm just in love with this story just like all the others, can u get any better.... u r the best already!!!

    Mal K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Such a turn!! Her sisters are here! Oh My God!! I can't wait to read what happens next. This is amazing....your amazing. Please post soon.

    Samaira T

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, thanks Mal K, will keep striving to improve, but thanks for great comments!!

    Samaira T - great to have new commentors! And yep, it's only just starting with the sisters!! Will try and post quickly!

    JBL - Hope Jan is safe....so many options is right, hope I can still keep you all guessing!


    So two shorter but quick chapters, love to know what you all think!!

    Thanks so much for reading, and commenting, love ya all!! :)

    MZ

    ReplyDelete